Sunday, May 31, 2009

WORLD CUP TIME

It is with great eagerness I am leaving for England on June 3 to cover my first World Cup. I have been on cricket tours before -- longer as well as important ones. But this trip is certainly different in magnitude and importance from the previous ones.
People who have already covered a World Cup told me that the thrill of covering a World Cup can hardly be matched by anything else in my chosen field.
In any sport, World Cup is the ultimate arena to showcase your skill, and the experience of covering matches for the last few years, I hope, will come handy for me. By no means, I am viewing this as a 'make or break' situation, but as any other reporter I want to do well in the finest stage -- something I will certainly cherish when I bid adieu to journalism.
This World Cup is also very special because India will be entering the tournament as defending champions something they have not done since 1987. Hopefully, our guys will make the country proud.
So, it is time to pack my bags and do my last round preparations. I will see you all from Old Blighty, hopefully with some interesting stuff. Keep an eye!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment