Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Alvida London

During the last few weeks I was unable to post on a regular basis due to the hectic nature of the World T20. Before leaving to London I promised to myself of posting on this blog once in 2-3 days (there too some indecision right!!!). But that promise never turned a reality.

Some time to explore London and a trip to Kent were the two good things happened on this tour. In 2007, I was rather new to this city and could not go out much apart from pubs. You don't need experience to hop pubs, just need the commonsense to follow the revellers!

Kent is a beautiful county, lush green lands and peaceful surroundings make it must-visit for any UK traveller. I strongly advise anybody visiting UK to include Kent in their travel plan. You will definitely enjoy the place, else you can ask me to refund the money of Kent trip.

Thanks Aleena for the invitation.

London.. it has to be my favourite place on Planet Earth. It's an amalgam of modern and ancient. The city can at once make you wonder about the progress science has made (take a look at London Eye, the tube system) and dip you into that feathery feeling of nostalgia (visit RAF musuem, Royal Albert Hall, Big Ben etc).

London is a also a city of contrast. The Central London area is so busy with people walking as if the world is coming to an end. Walk into Hyde Park and you will see a striking difference. You can people clicking pictures, sitting on a bench just staring at the river, sleeping in the shadows of bushes as if they have a remote control to regulate time.

I just love London and waiting to comeback here. Till then goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. You seem to taken in by the land so much. Guess this city of contrast has left a lasting impression on you my dear. No regret for not joining you at all but enjoying every bit of it through your eyes. I believe there is always a next time. See ya London some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete