Sunday, June 14, 2009

MALIBU DAYS



Helo Guys!! It has been a while since I posted something on the blog, courtesy the hectic nature of ICC World Twenty20 Championship. Well, here I am again from England and since my last post, a short one at that, from Nottingham I have moved back to London. I will reveal a fantastic discovery towards the end of the post. Good things comes a bit late, right?


The weather here is warmer than Nottingham and you don't exactly need to wrap yourself in three layers of clothing. You just a need a jacket to keep you warm as the temperature shifts between 15-18. Well, that will be considered as winter in India, but here it is summer!! I can't imagine then how an English winter will feel.


One of the most hilarious thing I have seen here is the urgecny of natives to apply sun screen at the first instance they are able to see the sun, though it's a rare sighting. Coming to the working part, it has been pretty hecitc over the last fortnight with matches lined up day after day. There are days when I have to cover two matches a day in the span of an hour. Since India are 4 hr 30 mins ahead of UK, I have to keep the clock ticking in my brain in IST while I am filing the copies.


The hecticness of the tour has, very very unfortunately, curtailed my pub-hoppings something I had enjoyed two years ago. But to be able to catch up with some cousins and old pals made this trip a worthy one. Guys, yesterday was a really bad one for me as West Indies defeated us with ease. What an innings from Dwayne Bravo!!! A real blinder!!


Hopefully, we can beat England and stay in contention for a semifinal berth. But I sincerely believe that we don't have the strength to beat South Africa in the decider (in case we beat England) at Trent Bridge on June 16 as the Proteas are playing some oustanding cricket of late. I hope to be proved wrong, though!


Itz getting late folks, of course for a drink. Here goes the secret I promised earlier. Yes guys, I have discovered the taste of Malibu White Caribbean rum here. Sensational taste and it goes well with cranberry juice and a dash of lemon. You can hear the rap straight from Jamaica!


In fact, me and my friend Moses K had almost zeroed in on Cocabana (a parady of Malibu), but we changed our mind last minute and what a moment it was!! Now we have renamed England as Malibu land.


See ya soon Geyser!





The natives wil

1 comment:

  1. Confessions of a sloshed man! Guess these are
    the little (or is it big) pleasures of crossing the seas.

    ReplyDelete